Thursday, July 26, 2007

Will My Software Project Fail?

There are a lot of reasons typically given for software projects failing, poor management, lack of requirements, and lack (or excess) of talent are common reasons I've heard(used) for failed projects that I've witnessed(particpated in).

Coding Horror has an excellent article that presents 3 alternative reasons that projects may fail that might not be intuitive at first.

Will My Software Project Fail?

CH presents three new pillars of successful software projects.

  1. Version Control
  2. Work Intake Management
  3. Build System


These are three things that I've lobbied for in every project I've ever worked on, even when I couldn't articulate what I wanted because I hadn't yet seen it in action.

Submit this story to DotNetKicks

0comments: