Tuesday, April 24, 2007

90 Days W/O Computer Games.

World of Warcraft has ruined my life.

Actually, it hasn't but I have to blame someone else for wasting so much time on something that I knew full-well when I started had no intrinsic value.

No World of Warcraft.
No StarCraft.
No Warcraft.
No Guild Wars.
No Unreal.
No computer games.

Playing games in a social context will be permissible. For example, playing Nintendo with family or X-Box with friends.

The point is to break the chain of time sinks that are most modern computer games.


This is the promise I made to my wife and myself. I don't feel like my playing habits had a negative effect, yet. But I looked at the staggering number of hours I had spent in Azeroth and I knew I had to change something.

My abstinence begins today April 24th, 2007 and ends July 24th, 2007.

Wish me luck.

Submit this story to DotNetKicks

1 comments:

Sean B said...

So that's why you contacted me about starting The Project. You needed something to fill all that free time. :)